Creating a family budget does not have to be difficult or highly restrictive. A few simple tools can radically change your ability to spend less and save more. Here are my favorite tools for creating a budget, reducing spending, and getting cash back on everyday purchases.
Create a Customized Budget Plan
- Free 25-Page Ultimate Budget Binder- This printable budget binder gives you everything you need to create a budget, track your spending, and work towards your debt and savings goals. Read the full post on how I use the Ultimate Budget Binder to manage my family’s finances.
- Rakuten: Rakuten (formerly Ebates) is a total no-brainer for saving money when shopping online. Every time you shop online, click on a store through Rakuten to receive cash back on all of your purchases. Get $10 after your first $25 purchase when you use my link.
- Ibotta: Ibotta is my favorite app for saving money on groceries without clipping coupons. Get cash back on your groceries just by uploading your receipts. Get $5 just for signing up when you use my link.
- $5 Dollar Dinners: If you love the idea of a meal plan but hate actually creating one, I highly recommend $5 Dollar Dinners. Erin outlines amazing meal plans on a budget.
- MyFreezEasy: If you love freezer cooking or are interested in using it as part of your meal planning system, the MyFreezEasy shop is the place to start. Erin lists out all of her favorite tools, freezer meals plans, and more for making it as simple and budget-friendly as possible.
- Real Plans:Real plans is an amazing meal planning resource, particularly for families with special diets. Real Plans helps you quickly create a meal plan based on the types of foods your family likes to eat and/or dietary restrictions.
- Freezer Meal Planning Success Guide (FREE guide): The best meals, shopping lists, meal planner, budget, inventory tracker and more for diving into freezer cooking!
- Free 7-Page Meal Planning Guide: These are the meal planning pages that I use to keep track of our food inventory and plan meals.
- Thrive Market: I order most of my pantry staples from Thrive Market. Think Costco meets Whole Foods with thousands of healthy food and personal care items. Get 1 month free PLUS 25% off your first order when you go through my link.
- Walmart Grocery Pick-Up: Walmart Grocery Pickup is seriously a game-changer, especially when you have kids! You order fresh groceries, Walmart does the shopping and loads your car for FREE. Use my link and get $10 just for trying it.
- Grocery Budget Makeover- Free Workshop: Erin’s free workshop helps you drastically reduce your grocery spending by going over the 5 common mistakes that people make and how to fix them.