This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we will receive a small commission. Read our full disclosure.
Thanks for signing up!
Check your email for the next steps. You’ll receive an email from Sarah@letstalkmombusiness.com with your access to our free resource library along with your download (if you didn’t subscribe directly to the VIP Resource Library).
If you’re ready to dig in right now, I put together this helpful guide to my favorite resources for living an abundant life on any budget. These resources cover things like:
- Ways to easily get cash back on things you’re already purchasing
- Grocery shopping on a budget
- Meal planning and how to eat real, unprocessed food on any budget
WHO AM I?
Hi! I’m Sarah Nichols, the founder of Let’s Talk Mom Business. I live in Orange County, California with my husband, three kids, and our miniature dachshund.
I’m a social worker turned stay-at-home mom who became a budgeting and frugal living expert when we decided to commit to paying off $100,000 in debt on a single income (and we’re not rich) while growing our family. We were able to pay off all of our debt in 4 years with a zero-based budget where we created a new budget for every single paycheck. We planned down. to. the. cent. where our money was going.
Since I was staying home not earning an income, I made it my job to find all of the ways we could save more money in our every day life. I created systems for meal planning, meal prepping, DIY-ing commonly used products, and more to be able to feed our family well and use safer products even though we were living on a tight budget.
Over the years I’ve also found ways to earn a little money on the side through side hustles. I like to share those ideas along with stories from other moms who have been able to earn income from home while raising their kids. Head over to my Extra Income Ideas page to see how I, and several other moms, I have been able to contribute to our family finances.
If you have questions, comments or just want to say hi, head over to my Contact page and send me a message. I LOVE to hear from readers!
TOP SIX PICKS FOR LIVING ON A BUDGET
Here are my top favorite resources for saving money and getting cash back on every day purchases!
- Rakuten: Rakuten (formerly Ebates) is my absolute favorite cash back site. Every time you shop online, access your store of choice through the Rakuten website. Rakuten gives you cash back on your online purchases just for shopping as you normally would. You can even download a browser icon that alerts you if you can receive cash back from a store you’re shopping on. Get $10 automatically just for making your first purchase using Rakuten when you use my link.
- Thrive Market: I order most of my pantry staples and family wellness items from Thrive Market. They offer 25-50% off of retail pricing on thousands of healthy food and personal care items. Think Costco meets Whole Foods! Get 1 month free PLUS 25% off your first order when you go through my link.
- Walmart Grocery Pick-Up: Walmart Grocery Pick-Up is seriously a game-changer, especially when you have kids! You order fresh groceries, Walmart does the shopping and loads your car for FREE. Use my link and get $10 just for trying it.
- Ibotta: Ibotta is my favorite app for saving money on groceries without clipping coupons. Get cash back on your groceries just by uploading your receipts. Get $5 just for signing up when you go through my link.
- $5 Dollar Dinners:If you love the idea of a meal plan but hate actually creating one, I highly recommend $5 Dollar Dinners. Erin outlines amazing meal plans on a budget.
- MyFreezEasy:If you love freezer cooking or are interested in using freezer meals as part of your meal planning system, the MyFreezEasy shop is the best place to start. Erin lists out all of her favorite tools, freezer meal plans, and more for making it as simple and budget-friendly as possible.
- Cook Once, Eat All Week: This is my favorite cookbook for simple meal planning and prep. Cassy Joy from FedandFit.com gives you 26-weeks of budget-friendly meal plans using simple, real food ingredients. I use this cookbook every single week as part of my meal planning and prep.
Don’t forget to come say hi over on social media. I would love to get to know you better, and I’m always interested to hear what you want to see more of on the blog.